Homework due for today
Legend: : Participation | : Early | : PDF | : Team | : Zipped
- STDR: Do PA1: STDR (2d Multi Robot Simulator). Read it closely, there are two sets of deliverables
- Programming: Maze Please do Programming Assignment: Robot Maze Runner. Note that this is a pair assignment, which means that you should work together with someone and have a single deliverable. It’s important that you actually really collaborate. And that both people get a good understanding of how things work. Getting comfortable with your teammates and sorting out how to divide up the work will continue to be important.
- Read Chapters 7, 8, 9. PLEASE remember to read the corresponding Ros Talks: (7: Wander Bot, 8: Teleop-bot and 9: Building Maps) in parallel and use the code I provided! Make sure you experiment with rqt_plot, that you run a Map Server, and that you try running the navigation stack. Respond to the following warmup questions:
- Exactly what does this code do:
rate = rospy.Rate(10)
- What does
rqt_plot do and why would you use it?
- Precisely what does a Map Server do?
- Examine what is in a rosbag file. What is in it?
Intreresting but optional
- Podcast Listen to this good podcast episode: Self Driving Cars and Deep Learning. No deliverable.
- Standups where each team of summarizes what was done, how it went, what went wrong
- Demos of the STDR and Maze
- Discuss coming Paper presentations