In theory, the difference between theory and practice is small. In practice, the difference between theory and practice is large.
Homework due for today
Legend: : Participation | : Early | : PDF | : Team | : Zipped
- By now you should have gotten your computer set up with Linux Ubuntu 16.04 with a dual boot if necessary.
- Textbook: Programming Robots with ROS: Read Chapter 1,2,3
- Read Martin - Real Robots Dont Drive Straight
- Who are you and what area of computer science are you currently excited by?
- If nothing else, what do you want out of this course?
- Overall big picture goal
- Campus Rover
- Why it’s interesting and why it’s hard
- Discuss Mark1 and begin thinking about Mark2
- Why I am excited about this course
- How did last year go
- Demo of last year’s final project deliverable
- Choose a 3 hour block for our labs
- How the course will work
- Take a look at Lab set up
- Our Robot platforms
- How to use the 3 hour block
- Take a look together at the web site
- Take a look at github together
- Take a look at Trello together
- Homeworks and grades
- Paper reading and reporting
- Discuss Lab Rules
- What’s a robot?
- Autonomous vs. remote controlled
Part 2: ROS Talks
Part 3: Setting up computers
- Alec will be here to help everyone get set up
Part 4: Next Class